Lyo OSLC4j and OSLC 3.0 Spec

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking into implementing an OSLC provider/adapter. I have a couple of questions regarding OSLC spec versions and OSLC4J 2.4/4.0 libary.

• Should I implement OSLC 2.0 or 3.0 spec at this point as 3.0 spec is still in final draft status?
  • Can I implement OSLC 3.0 using OSLC4J library?
  • If I want my provider to work with both OSLC 2.0 and 3.0 consumers, what is the recommended implementation strategy for that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sean

2 Likes

Hi Sean

Welcome to this community.

I’ll start with the second question where I can give the most direct answer. OSLC4J does not yet support OSLC 3.0. We have had some earlier intentions to lift it, but nothing concrete really materialized.
I am also not aware of any similar support for 3.0.

Whether to implement OSLC 2.0 or 3.0? I guess this should really depend on what other OSLC providers/adaptors you are aiming to integrated with. Most OSLC implementations I know of are still based on 2.0. While OSLC 3.0 is backward compatible, you’ll probably be just as fine with OSLC 2.0.

As for implementation strategy to support 2.0 & 3.0, it should be sufficient to implement 3.0, since this is meant to be backward compatible with 2.0. (But then again, until I see 3.0 implementations I don’t know if any actuall proofs of that).

Jad

1 Like

Hi Jad, thank you for the answers! They are really helpful.
-Sean