I am very glad to tell announce that Lyo 4.0.0 release is scheduled for December 16 and today we are releasing 4.0.0.RC.
If you are using Lyo Designer, there are many cool features you definitely want to check out. If you have Lyo-based client or server apps, here are the two most breaking changes:
- JAX-RS 2.0 migration from JAX-RS 1.1 and Wink for the server
- JAX-RS 2.0 migration from non-JAX-RS based Wink Client for the client
See the draft of the full release notes on Github.
Where to go from here
- Try switching from 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT to 4.0.0.RC and removing Eclipse Lyo repositories - we are now on Maven Central! See all available packages under https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.lyo?sort=newest (may take a few days to sync from Central to mvnrepository itself). If you find any problems before December 15, file an issue here (be sure to mention you are using 4.0.0.RC specifically).
- Explore the newly consolidated Lyo documentation as well as 4.0.0.RC Javadocs (now all in one place).
- Check out the OSLC 2020 Reference Implementation that uses Lyo 4.0 already! This is also a great time to take Lyo Designer for a spin and use it to study the models used to generate the majority of the reference implementation.
Extra notes for people who were using 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT before
If your builds 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT are now broken but passed before (you should get a message along the lines of Could not find artifact org.eclipse.lyo.clients:oslc4j-client:pom:4.0.0.RC in lyo-releases (https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/lyo-releases/)), you have two immediate options:
oslc-client. In order to avoid confusion and because oslc4j-client was never released, we pushed an empty
oslc4j-clientJAR file to make sure your build breaks before the release and you have time to update. See an example here.
- Pin your version at 4.0.0.M2 for the time being if you are unable to update immediately, it still contains
oslc4j-clientin its latest state. NB!
oslc4j-clientwas added in 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT and was removed in 4.0.0.RC and is not part of the release. See an example here.
Andrew on behalf of the Lyo team