A survey of commercial tools with OSLC support

Hi

I have recently complied a list of commercial tools that provide OSLC support. The survey describes in detail which OSLC capabilities are supported to which tools.

You can download the survey from An Analysis of the OASIS OSLC Integration Standard - A Survey.

I also plan to keep the list of tools up to date as a Google Sheets. So, please feel free to update me on tools that I have not yet found.

A report that summarises this survey, as well as give general reflections over OSLC implemenation can be found as

J. El-khoury, β€œAn Analysis of the OASIS OSLC Integration Standard, for a Cross-disciplinary Integrated Development Environment : Analysis of market penetration, performance and prospects,” , TRITA-ITM-RP, 978-91-7873-525-9, 2020.

3 Likes

Hi,
very good work. We are running a project (Holistic Engineering Platform with IBM Jazz) at Continental. I want to motivate our experts to contribute to your survey as OSLC is of significant importance for our project.

1 Like

Hi Jad,

small finding in cell AG19:
EWM can act as a consumer of AM (usually Rhapsody Model Manager).

Stefan

1 Like

Thanks @StefanOblinger for the input. I updated accordingly.

@Bernhard! I - and I am sure the OSLC community - would be very keen to hear of your work with OSLC. Please keep us updated.

Hello! Is the spreadsheet still up-to-date? I am curious to know what is the current status of OSLC support among tool providers, because I plan to get familiar with the OSLC in general by using common tools that support it. I am asking this, since the pace of software tool development can be very fast, so the results from the 2020 paper might be slightly outdated now.

Hi Andrei
The spreadsheet has not been updated since its first release. Have unfortunately not had the chance to do so. But I have certainly discovered more and more tools supporting OSLC since then. Plus, existing applications providing more complete support.

But the content of the spreadsheet should still be up to date in the sense, that listed tools should provide - at least - what was identified back then.
So, it is a good start if you just want to get familiar with OSLC.