When can we expect stable release of oslc4j-client-4.0.0?

Hello Mario!

The release is moving a bit slowly, I am not sure which road to take there and users are rather inactive :slight_smile: I would like to make sure the client is in a bit better shape. In particular:

• I think we should remove OSLC4J from the name, Lyo and OSLC4J are competing as brands and I think it confuses some users. OSLC4JS and OSLC4NET are not part of Lyo anyway. Lyo OSLC4J Client should be simply called Lyo Client.
  • I think we should not duplicate all common code between the old and the new client. Instead, the common old code should be moved somewhere separate or (what I prefer), the old client shall be removed completely. @jamsden is not seemingly ready for a radical move like that.
  • I think domain classes shall be removed in favour of the lyo.domains classes.

I am working on the new reference implementation as part of the work commissioned by the OP PGB and my plan was to make all the necessary changes to Lyo 4.0 as part of that work and to release the final product as Lyo 4.0.

Having said that, as I suggested above, we can make a 4.0.0.M1, M2 etc. releases if you want to have some operational stability for the code you are developing at Koneksys. This way, you will be able to stay on 4.0.0.M1 even if 4.0.0 makes some extra breaking changes for as long as you need.